I have been in self-quarantine for 14 days. Would it be safe to interact with other members of my household?
Studies show that the virus’ incubation period lasts up to 14 days. If symptoms do not show up within this period, the risk of spreading the virus is very low. However, you should still observe all precautionary measures (social distancing and proper hand-washing) to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19.
However, if, during the course of your quarantine, you developed symptoms of COVID-19, the following protocols must be followed:
* Required quarantine for 5 days from the date of exposure
* May reintegrate if they remain asymptomatic for 5 days
Partially Vaccinated or Unvaccinated
* Required quarantine for 14 days from the date of exposure
* May reintegrate if they remain asymptomatic for 14 days
Probable case (w/ symptoms) or Positive Mild Cases
* Fully Vaccinated: 7 days from onset of symptoms
* Partially Vaccinated or Unvaccinated: 10 days from onset of symptoms
* Fully Vaccinated: 7 days from date of test
* Partially Vaccinated or Unvaccinated: 10 days from date of test
Positive Moderate case: 10 days from onset of symptoms
Positive Severe and Critical case: 21 days from onset of symptoms
Positive Immunocompromised: 21 days from onset of symptoms with negative repeat RT-PCR
You may only isolate yourself at home if:
If you are allowed to isolate at home, make sure to:
Note: home isolation/quarantine may only be done if you have your own room and bathroom/comfort room, and you do not live with a family member who belongs to the vulnerable group
Department of Health. COVID-19 FAQs. Retrieved from https://doh.gov.ph/COVID-19/FAQs
Department of Health. Department Memorandum 2022-0013 re Updated Guidelines on Quarantine, Isolation, and Testing for COVID-19 Response and Case Management for the Omicron Variant.
ActiveLink coordinates with your HMO provider on administrative concerns regarding your HMO policy. We help you resolve your HMO concerns from start to end of your HMO policy. By using this service, you are agreeing to ActiveLink's data privacy and consent provisions. Please click this link to find out more.