How does COVID-19 spread and how do I prevent the spread of virus?
The virus may be spread from person-to-person through small droplets and contact. When an infected person's saliva is expelled from the body and gets in contact with another person, it is likely that the virus will infect the other person. It is important to practice the following precautions to prevent the further spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face, especially the eyes, nose, and mouth
- Subject yourself to self-quarantine when you recently traveled to a country with known local transmission cases of COVID-19
- Stay indoors
- Practice social distancing of at least 1 meter when going out of the house
- Practice coughing etiquette – cover your mouth with your hands or the curve of your arm when coughing.
- Dispose of used masks properly
Source: Department of Health. COVID-19 FAQs. Retrieved from https://doh.gov.ph/COVID-19/FAQs